June Favourites




June has been a crazy but amazing month for me. I've been counting down until I return to England whilst at the same time enjoying the rest of my time in Berlin. Now there's only a week to go and it's all a bit surreal. Beauty-wise, I didn't buy too many new products until very recently but it was very easy to pick out my beauty favourites this month because I've been reaching for the same products over and over to get that glowy, fresh, flawless makeup look.


Firstly the Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue is a gem when it comes to a light dewy base - it's more coverage than your average BB cream but the lasting power won't quite match a light foundation. I like to use a primer such as the Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot and a little powder on my T-Zone to make sure it stays put. 

For concealer, I've been picking the Soap and Glory Kick Ass Concealer which includes a apricot corrector, a creamy concealer and a little blotting powder. For a full review, check out my Soap and Glory Beauty Haul, but in summary - it's fab. I just wish there were more shade options, there's definitely room for improvement. 

As the weather's been super summery in Berlin, I've been trying out bold lip options and my favourite of the bunch is the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Antwerp. A budget dupe for the Kylie lip kits, the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams are gorgeously pigmented, smell like cupcakes and last a good few hours before needing a top up. NYX is now widely stocked in Boots so make sure you have a swatch next time you're there. Antwerp is a beautiful fuschia coral shade that I think would look incredible on all skintones. 

One of my new purchases this month is the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle. I was so obsessed with the new Becca Jacyln Hill Champagne Pop launches this month but as the UK prices are just a little too steep, I opted for the MAC version which came in at around £20 at duty free (£24 full price). I've heard rumours that the Champagne Pop Highlighter smashes very easily and at £32 a pop - no pun intended - I didn't think it was worth the risk. I smashed a MAC All That Glitters eyeshadow a few months ago and it broke my heart a little. MAC Soft and Gentle is everything I wanted in a highlighter - soft, natural shimmer, pigmented, and without those chunky flecks of glitter. I'll be writing up a full review soon.


What are your June Beauty Favourites?

xxx

Post a Comment