Luxury Night Products


I rarely see blogger posts about night products - skincare, haircare, lips and body. When you think about it, the time you sleep is the longest time your skin has to absorb any products or oils before you shower and apply makeup. Those 8 hours shouldn't be put to waste! Which is why when I have the time I like to pamper myself with super treatments to give myself an extra boost in the morning. In the summer months my skin tends to get a little drier and I welcome any help I can get in the form of hydrating moisturisers and skin-plumping oils. This post isn't necessarily a nighttime skincare routine but it's the products I turn to when I feel my skin needs some attention. I couldn't use these products every night as the formulas are quite rich but every now and again they work wonders. 

Clarins HydraQuench Cream Mask - I alternate this rich cream with my Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask a few nights every month. You can apply as much or as little product as you like and either focus on certain areas of dryness or go to town with it. As I said before, the formula is quite rich so I keep this one as a monthly treat, or for those skin SOS moments. 

You might see a Clarins theme here but I also adore the Clarins Lotus Oil which is designed for oilier skin types but still works if you're combination such as myself. I previously would apply this on dry skin but after a Clarins consultation I learned that it's better to mix in with a moisturiser or apply on a wet face - for this I use the Vichy Eu Thermale Water Spray. This oil is beautiful because it really rejuvinates the complexion and calms down any redness or dry patches. For more skincare advice, read my post My Skincare Tips and Holy Grail Products.

For lips I've been loving the Clarins Natural Light Lip Perfector in 02 Rose and the Clarins Lip Comfort Oil in Raspberry. The lip oil is a recent purchase and it's a gorgeous berry-scented oil that plumps the lips and is full of nourishing ingredients such as Jojoba and other plant extracts. The colour is sheer, almost unnoticeable, so pick your favourite scent rather than colour - you can always wear it over a lipstick. I also would say the claim that these two products are 'non-sticky' isn't 100% true but if you wear them during the night - or love lip gloss - it shouldn't be a problem. To get the most out of the products, I would recommend using a lip scrub beforehand to make sure you'll have a smooth, plump pout come morning time. 

Finally, the OPI Avoplex Nail Oil is a cult classic for a reason. I don't leave this product on all night but sometimes I like to rub this into my cuticles on an evening time and then wash it off after a few minutes. The results take a while but in time cuticles feel stronger and more hydrated - thanks to the avocado extracts and other essential oils. I don't see why you couldn't leave this on overnight but there's always a risk of the oil getting in your hair - not pretty. 

What are your favourite night products?

xxx

Post a Comment