Vichy Aqualia Thermal | First Impressions


I don't know why, but the French seem to have some secret ingredient that makes all their skincare brands amazing and unparalleled. I'm one of the biggest Clarins fans out there but I thought it was about time I tried a few of the French pharmacy brands that are just starting to get really popular. Among others, Vichy caught my eye with a little sample size trio of products for less than 5 Euro - I couldn't resist. There were a few sets arranged by skin type and as my skin has been a little dry recently, I opted for the Aqualia Thermal set. 

Firstly, the Eau Thermal water mist spray is quite literally what it says on the tin - a hydrating mist which gives an instant refresh when your skin needs it. I'll admit it would be just as effective making a water spray yourself but having it in a pressurized container means you can control how much you put on. I love using this before I go to bed as Berlin has been quite humid lately. 

Next up is the Purete Thermal Fresh Cleansing Gel. Suitable for all skin types, this cleanser is purifying and gives a lovely fresh-feeling. You apply it to your face whilst dry, massage it in and then remove with water. It's a simple formula and although I can't comment on long-term use, my first impressions are good.

I love trying out new night creams and the Vichy Hydration Rich Cream is no exception. Although this isn't sold as a specific night cream, I feel that the consistency it a little too thick for a traditional day moisturizer. The product itself has quite an artificial scent but if you can get over that, I find that it is lovely to apply as a rich treatment when your skin needs a hydration boost.

Finally, not part of the mini set, is the Vichy Aqualia Thermal SPF 25 lotion. We all know how important it is to protect our skin in the hotter weather and our faces should be no exception. This product is a lightweight moisturizer that is hydrating, protects against harmful UVA and UVB rays, and provides a smooth base for makeup. As with all sunscreens, it does add shine but you can easily counteract that with a mattifying BB cream and some powder. There's never an excuse not to wear SPF these days.


What are your favourite products from Vichy? I've been told the serum is amazing so that's definitely next on my 'to-buy' list...

xxx

Post a Comment