August Favourites


I've been a little quiet on the blogging front recently, mainly due to a few trips! I was really lucky to go to Paris in July, Majorca in August and then I went on a little shopping trip to London last week. All three resulted in a few beauty purchases and I'll be sharing these with you in the next month or so. My beauty favourites for August are all new things I've bought within the last two months, fallen in love with and have made their way into my everyday makeup routine.

Starting with the hugely popular MAC Fix +, I use this hydrating mist on my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion sponge before I put my liquid foundation on. It's not a setting spray as such (I've recently bought the Urban Decay Setting Spray to try out so watch out for a post soon) but it is nice and cooling to use in the summer months. I also spray this after I've done my makeup because it enhances the products and leaves a lovely finish to the skin. There are so many more uses for Fix + but these are the ones I've been enjoying so far.

The Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette is not only a pretty rose gold addition to your flatlays but it's one of the most talked about highlighting palettes in the blogging world - and for a reason. There are three powder shades to choose from: Hemisphere - a shimmery purple tone, Subsolar - a gorgeous bright white highlighter that NikkiTutorials adores and Equinox - a Champagne-Pop-esque shade that looks incredible when you have a hint of tan. There is also a cream shade, Ecliptic, which is a pinky tone that reminds me of the MAC Cream Colour Bases. The formulas of these four highlighters are great quality and for £9.99 you really can't go wrong.

On the eyes I've been loving the Charlotte Tilbury Eyes to Mesmerise in Marie Antionette. It's a gorgeous bronzey copper tone that would enhance any eye colour. The formula is really soft and mousse-like so you have to use a really light hand when applying. I like to use a small blending brush but you can just as easily use your fingers. It looks beautiful on its own or you can go in with powder eyeshadows to create a variety of looks. 

For mascara I really recommend the Benefit They're Real Tinted Primer. Firstly it can be used as a one step process if you want to create a soft day look. It lengthens your lashes and tints them a natural brown shade. However if you prefer more of an intense black eye look, you can use it as a primer before applying the original jet black They're Real Mascara which is great for thickening the lashes. Used together you get the best of both worlds.

Finally for lips I've totally given into the Too Faced Melted Liquified Lipsticks hype. I have the shade Melted Peony and it's a really pretty fuschia pink that gives a pop of colour without being too bold. I think these liquid lipsticks are really high quality and they're my favourites so far because of the cushion applicator, long wear time and sweet scent. 


What are your August Favourites?

xxx

Post a Comment