My MAC Duo - All That Glitters and Star Violet

all that glitters, mac, star violet, eyeshadow

I've always been a fan of the MAC lipsticks but it's only recently that I've discovered a new love for the MAC eyeshadows. After telling myself they couldn't possibly be that good, I realised that all the claims and the hype was 100% accurate. My first plunge into the eyeshadow obsession was Satin Taupe - a cool toned grey purple shade that all the bloggers, including FleurDeForce have raved about at some point. I fell in love with it straight away and started researching the next shades I needed to try out.   

I'd been looking for a replacement for my beloved Stila Kitten for a while and I'd heard so much about All That Glitters that I knew I had to swatch it first. All That Glitters is a peachy champagne shimmer shade in a Veluxe Pearl finish. As you can see from the photo below, it's beautifully pigmented and blends like a dream. I love wearing it under MAC's gold-toned Paint Pot in the shade Bare Study. Paired together, it gives a stunning metallic effect and the staying power is incredible. I think most people would suit this shade which is probably why it's become so popular!

For the second colour, I picked Star Violet which is also a Veluxe Pearl finish. The MAC website describes it as a pinky-brown plum but I think it veers more towards the copper rather than the pink end of the spectrum. It looks great with Satin Taupe blended into the crease, some liquid eyeliner and heavy mascara. It's not a typical spring 'eye look' but I think if you wear the right outfit with it, this eye shadow can add the finishing touch as the perfect subtle accessory.

Surprisingly, both colours work well together depending on how smoky you want to go. For work I prefer to keep my makeup quite light and soft but on an evening I'm more into darker tones and I think Star Violet definitely needs more recognition in the beauty world.


What are your favourite MAC eyeshadows?

xxx

Post a Comment