Clarins HydraQuench Review


When it comes to skincare, Clarins is one of my favourite brands. Although it's undeniably pricey, I'm always impressed with the quality and I think sometimes it's worth saving up and spending a bit more on skincare products that work. I also touched upon this in my last post My Top Tips and Products to Clear your Skin. According to skincare experts, moisturiser is the product you should spend the most on in your skincare routine as it stays on your face for the longest amount of time. You don't necessarily have to buy two products for day time and night time but I personally like to use a thicker night cream or an oil before I go to sleep. This is so I can benefit from all that time where I'm not wearing makeup. The Clarins HydraQuench collection is suitable for most skin types and focuses on making your complexion more radiant and hydrated, working either under foundation or on its own. 

HydraQuench Lotion

The HydraQuench Lotion was the first expensive moisturiser I wanted to try and as it is eye-wateringly expensive at £36, I put it on my birthday wishlist last year. A replacement came at Christmas time as I now use it on a daily basis. The formula is nice and light, perfect under foundations and even has SPF 15. My skin type is combination as I have oily patches but it can also get a little dry so this moisturiser works well to keep everything balanced. It also doesn't have a strong scent and I find this with most Clarins products. 

HydraQuench Cream-Gel

The Cream-Gel is a recent purchase as I was looking for a new night cream to mix with my Clarins Lotus Oil - another holy grail product. The formula of the Cream-Gel isn't quite as thick as I'd like but it's a lovely texture and sinks into the skin very fast. I sometimes use this during the day too so it's a great multi-purpose all-rounder.

HydraQuench Cream-Mask

The Cream-Mask reminds me a lot of the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask and although I've only used it for the recommended 10 minutes, it's a similar hydrating mask that makes your skin feel plumper and more smooth. I'm using a sample size at the moment but as for purchasing the full size, I think I prefer the Origins alternative.

HydraQuench Bi-Phase Serum

I never really knew what serums were for until I found the Bi-Phase Serum as part of a Clarins set. I like to use this on hot days when the sun takes all the moisture out of my skin and it works really well with the other HydraQuench products. You apply a thin layer either before or instead of a moisturiser. It's designed for extremely dry skin so I won't be buying the full size but I'd recommend it to dry skin types or people living in particularly hot or cold climates.


Have you tried the Clarins HydraQuench range?

xxx

Post a Comment