The Blush Edit



I used to be one of those girls that was more into the matte look but at the moment I'm really loving highlighters, bronzers and blushers. Somehow my face doesn't quite look right without it now, is that the first sign of an actual makeup addiction? It all started with Benefit's Rockateur and Sugarbomb which come in a perfect mini size to test out and experiment with. Rockateur is a beautiful bronzey rose gold shade with a little hint of shimmer. It can be worn as a subtle colour or you can built it up to be more noticeable. Sugarbomb is definitely more on the orange side of the blush spectrum but it's still really wearable and I often turn to this when my complexion is looking a bit tired. 

The newest addition to my blush collection is the KIKO Velvet Touch Creamy Blush Stick in 02. I'm wearing it in the photos below and the packaging definitely reminds me of the NARS Multiples. As I don't yet own one I can't compare them but the KIKO product is easy to blend and adds a natural pink flush - with pretty shimmer tones - but without being over-the-top. My preferred method of application is dotting it onto the cheek area and then go back with either Real Techniques Bold Metals Tapered Blush Brush or a damp KIKO Beauty Blender.  Or both. It depends how much time I have on my hands, usually it's a dash and go scenario. I've also been loving the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 01 and I think this makeup look is perfect for work, sixth form or university. I've written a more detailed post about my 'intern' daily makeup look so make sure you check that out when I hit publish next week. 

What are your favourite blushers?

xxx

Post a Comment