The Art of Multi-Masking with Origins

There's just something about face masks that really relaxes me. Ever since using those little sachets of fruity scented masks when I was sixteen, I've continued to find it a holy ritual. Now I'm not sixteen anymore, my skin is more demanding and I think masks are the key to keeping it all happy. Since I've tried out a few brands here and there, some loves and some hates, I thought today was the day to sit down and write a post about my new love affair with the Origins range of face masks. 



Although I can't speak for every skin type or skin tone, I feel like the Origins collection has something for almost everyone. The infamous Clear Improvement Active Charcoal face mask is the one that first caught my attention and I've never looked back. Of course, you do have to put up with the awful mud-like appearance of your face for a while but I think it's all worth it in the name of beauty. The charcoal mask is probably the most versatile mask in the range as it doesn't specify a particular skin type but as the ingredients are quite 'active', I'd recommend a patch test first if you have sensitive skin. Charcoal as an ingredient is becoming a highly popular fad and you can find it not only in masks but in blotting paper, juice drinks and shampoo. I'm not an expert but the point of the mask is to revitalize your skin, unclog your pores and minimize blackheads. In my personal experience I've found that it takes a few uses to be effective and isn't necessarily a quick-fix solution. Despite this, I do find that post-mask my skin feels purified and clear. But if you're expecting it to zap spots and blemishes in 10 minutes, you might be a little disappointed. On a side-note, make sure you don't leave it on longer than the recommended 10/15 minutes because after this time my skin always starts to go a little red. 

When your skin needs a little moisture, this is when you need to turn to the Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask. Sometimes I pop this on after the charcoal mask and it brings my skin back to the right balance. I've left it on overnight before and although it's a little weird to leave a thicker layer of mask on your face, I can definitely feel my skin is more nourished and soft in the morning. It also smells fab.

Moving onto the Out of Trouble 10 minute mask, this is more targeted to 'rescue problem skin'. It smells quite chemically and like toothpaste but if it does the job who's complaining? As it's quite a strong formula I prefer to use this as a spot treatment and I've been seeing some great results. Paired with the Orgins Super Spot Remover, you're on to a winning formula. Again, if you have sensitive skin this might not be for you so I'd ask at your local Orgins counter whether you can take a sample to try out first. 


Have you tried any Orgins products? Next up on my list to try is the new mask primer!

xxx


If you liked this post, you might also like February Favourites and My Updated Skincare Routine

Post a Comment