Think Pink: New In Spring Beauty

If you've ever seen Audrey Hepburn's 'Funny Face', you might remember a song called 'Think Pink'. Well pink seems to be my favourite colour right now as I've been drawn to pink blush, pink lipstick, even pink eyeshadow. After my March makeup spending ban ended, I thought I'd treat myself to a few new things, some of which appeared in my March Beauty Wishlist

Firstly I bought two of the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams, the one above being Istanbul. You can read more in my review post but I absolutely love these for their pigmentation, lasting power and colour selection. Admittedly they can be a little drying as it's a matte formula but it's totally worth it.

I picked up a pink eyeshadow from & Other Stories called Dayflower Pink which was in the sale but as there were no testers in store, I didn't know how little the colour shows up on the skin. This was a bit of a disappointing purchase so I'm still on the lookout for a new pink eyeshadow. At the moment I'm interested in the MAC Dusky Rose Times Nine palette (which I have only seen online for certain countries) and the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Pink Gold.

The Max Factor Cream Puff Blush in Lovely Pink is a really beautiful shimmery pink blush with great lasting power. It reminds me of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting blushes and comes in a handy small size.

I mentioned the Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot Primer briefly on my Spring Base post but this is great at extending the life of lighter coverage foundations such as the Bourjois City Radiance foundation. It's a slightly silicone texture but glides onto the skin beautifully and sinks in in a matter of seconds. I think it would be nice on most skin types.

I do love a good Essie polish and although this is actually more orange than the peachy-pink I expected, I really like the beachy summer feel of Lounge Lover


What are your spring beauty picks?

xxx

Post a Comment