The Oscars Ball!

I've finally found the time to write a post about the formal 'Literature and Languages Ball' I helped organize at the end of last month! It was one of the best nights and it was so great to see all of my friends dressed all fancy. We had welcome drinks, a 3 course meal, a popcorn machine and awards for the different societies. And because it was Oscar themed and I think of my friends as celebrities, I thought it would be fun to post photos of a few of the many gorgeous dresses that were seen on the red carpet!  



Sophie: Jane Norman

Alice and Sophie both opted for long elegant gowns which suited them perfectly. I love the lace detailing on Sophie's and the gorgeous floral bronze print on Alice's. My dress was from River Island and after so many different online orders, it was a great fit and definitely an investment piece for my wardrobe. 


Kathy: Topshop

Kirsten (middle) was one of the main organizers of the event and her midnight black glitter dress was stunning. Kathy's Topshop Playsuit was a fantastic choice and the monochrome trend is a classic.


Yasmin was the belle of the ball, without a doubt. Her long ruffle dress is timeless. 


Phoebe: Karen Millen

I'm so in love with Phoebe's all black outfit; effortless, sophisticated and understated. The lace just makes it. 


Danielle: New Look
Sarah: Asos

As well as Phoebe, Danielle pulled off the lace trend beautifully and Sarah looked amazing in coral; her patent nude heels are stunning.


Caitlin: Quiz

Black was definitely a popular choice for dresses this year but the sequin embellishment on Caitlin's dress adds something really different and special. The cut of the dress is really feminine and perfect for the Oscars theme!   


Shayna: H&M

This long cobalt blue dress worn by Shayna is so on-trend for spring and I'm obsessed with her statement necklace.

We had such a fantastic evening with some great friends and if feasible, I'd definitely consider taking a little trip back to the UK for the next one during my year abroad. That ok freshers?

xxx 

Post a Comment