Spring Perfumes


Let's be honest, the weather in the UK is pretty appalling at the moment (and in general). It's all wind, rain and icy temperatures, not a great start to 2015. One thing that cheers me up in a morning before I leave for uni is a beautiful perfume and these are the three scents I've been turning to this year. I was really lucky to be given a replacement bottle of the Marc Jacobs Dot perfume for Christmas as part of a gift set; it was my main present and I adore it. If you're interested in this for yourself or as a present, I found it at House of Fraser for £36 which is amazing. Admittedly I do prefer this scent as a special evening perfume but now and again I'll treat myself and use it during the day. In the Dot gift set, there's also a shower gel and body lotion that help to intensify the fragrance. As does everyone, I find it very difficult to describe perfumes however it's very distinctive, very sweet and very floral - typical Marc Jacobs! 
  • Top notes - red berries, dragon fruit, honeysuckle
  • Middle notes - jasmine, orange blossom, coconut water
  • Base notes - vanilla, musk, driftwood





As you may expect, Zara Cherry is more of a fruity fragrance and I love it for everyday use. I'd never tried Zara perfumes before this one but my boyfriend bought me this for Christmas and I'm so glad he did - watch this space I may have to expand my collection!







Finally this Neroli and Orchidee perfume by L'Occitane was part of the Festive Treats collection which had some great beauty and body care samples to try out (reviews coming soon!). The scent is quite musky and floral and could be worn day to night. I'm not sure if I will repurchase this after I've finished it but that's the beauty of samples.
  • Top notes - orange, mandarin
  • Middle notes - neroli, peach, fig milk, lily of the valley
  • Base notes - orchid, musk, iris

Have you tried any of these perfumes? What's your go-to spring perfume?

xxx

Post a Comment