January Beauty Favourites


I'm jumping on the monthly beauty favourites bandwagon today as I've been really enjoying certain products and I love reading this types of post. Getting the usual 'I can't believe it's already February 2015' intro out of the way, I'm really looking forward to February - I'm going on a tour to Berlin, going to a George Ezra concert and attending a fancy formal event at uni. I'm planning to write as many posts as I can this month - the best way to keep up with my posts is Twitter, Facebook or Bloglovin (cheeky social media plug there). Here are my favourites and a mini review of each product.




  • Starting off with the slightly covered Elle magazine featuring my favourite living icon Keira Knightley. It comes with a free Benefit Roller Lash mascara which I am hoping to review soon. Snap up your copy before they sell out!
  • Philosophy is a new brand to me and I was delighted to receive a gift set for Christmas with three of their most popular shower gels. This one is Melon Daiquiri and smells divine - like having your own little cocktail party in the shower; weird but great!
  • I've mentioned my love of Clarins skincare in my recent post here, the One step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser is fantastic as a gentle scrub, I feel it's effective without being too harsh. Big thumbs up from me!
  • Topshop Lipticks are one of my few favourites in general. They rival Mac lipsticks in quality, finish and colour selection. This gorgeous fuschia pink is called Fast Lane and it reminds me a lot of the Mac colour Girl About Town. 
  • The Estee Lauder Nail Varnish is a matte shade called Diva Moment.  I didn't know it was matte when I bought it but the finish is really interesting and unusual, I've worn it more than I expected to and navy's a great colour to liven up a monochrome outfit.
  • The Benefit Hoola Bronzer is a cult beauty classic and it's become an essential step in my everyday makeup routine. My friends all love this product as this matte bronzer gives a subtle glow without going overboard. 
  • Finally the L'Occitane Shea Butter lip balm is lovely at moisturizing the lips, especially in this cold weather. It lives in my uni bag and is applied at any opportunity!


I hope you enjoyed my favourites post, what beauty items have you been loving this year so far? Have you tried anything I've featured?

xxx 



Post a Comment