April Favourites

Hope everyone's having a lovely Bank Holiday Weekend! So far I've been revising, going to the gym and writing up this beauty favourites post! I know it's already the 3rd of May but I'm going to post this anyway and bend the rules a little! 



I've picked seven 'April favourites' to discuss today, the first being the gorgeous Gwen Stefani on the cover of the UK Cosmopolitan. Along with Glamour, which features Taylor Swift this month, Cosmo is my go-to source of beauty and fashion news and it's been great to read during my revision breaks.

Secondly I purchased a new Tangle Teezer this month as my original pink one was practically vintage; it had seen better days. Seizing the opportunity for a spending splurge, I spotted this beautiful Lulu Guinness printed compact brush. I think it's love. At £12.99 it isn't really an impulse purchase but I'm justifying it by thinking of the Boots Advantage Card points...

A quick skincare add-on for me this month has been the Estee Lauder Advance Night Repair Eye Cream which is in a cute little travel size. I can't say I'm using it for the anti-ageing benefits but it is fantastic to put on at night to avoid dry patches under your eyes. 

I'm sure I've raved on about the Benefit PoreFessional Primer many times before but I couldn't resist adding it to my favourites list. It really makes your foundation last that little bit longer and the consistency is very high quality - there's nothing worse than a silicone-feeling primer!

You can read more about my Leighton Denny obsession here but the Rosey Posey nail lacquer is a gorgeous spring-time flush of pink, perfect for this time of year when the sun is just starting to come out. Unfortunately this particular shade was limited edition but it's very similar to Essie's Sugar Daddy colour. 

The Lush Popcorn lip scrub works wonders in making your lips nice and smooth without removing too much skin - the product also comes in a 'Mint Juleps' flavour and 'Bubblegum'. I haven't seen many lip scrub 'dupes' around but this is a cult product for a reason.

Finally I've included the Real Techniques mini trio of brushes which are so handy to take on nights out to avoid the streaky makeup look - we've all been there girls. This adorable little set includes a mini concealer brush, powder brush and eye shadow brush and at £10 it's a great introduction to the range.

I hope you enjoyed this post, what are your April Favourites?

xxx

Post a Comment