New In Beauty & First Impressions


With essay deadlines creeping again, one thing that takes my mind of things is beauty shopping - an instant de-stress. This month I've been trying out a few new products and I thought I would post a quick 'first impressions' roundup. 


Pixi Glow Tonic - like everyone else, I was persuaded to buy this by the one and only skincare queen Caroline Hirons. For those of you that don't know, Pixi Glow Tonic is a cult product (infamous even) and it's a acid toner used as a liquid exfoliant in replace of a scrub. So you use it, post-cleanse, by popping some on a cotton pad and applying to the whole face (avoiding the eye area). It contains Glycolic Acid so it's fantastic for acne-prone skin but it also contains Aloe Vera and Ginseng so it's also suitable for dry skin types. Caroline claims it is fine for sensitive skin. For me, I like using this on bad skin days and my complexion has started to look brighter too. Pixi advises that you should use SPF in conjuction with the product so make sure your moisturiser contains an SPF at the very least. The Glow Tonic is also available in a travel size at M&S.

Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm - Sticking to skincare, I received this Emma Hardie sample in the M&S Christmas calendar and I am obsessed. It is a beautiful luxurious balm cleanser that removes makeup and cleanses in a very gentle way. Love. 

OPI Nail Laquer - Breakfast at Tiffany's. Of course I would have to pick up an OPI nail varnish from the Audrey Hepburn collection. This shade is a matte pearl and as a first impression, I love the colour but it is quite a hard shade to wear and very high maintenance. So unfortunately this won't be an everyday polish but it will be brought out for special occasions



Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal - I was lucky enough to receive this for Christmas along with minis of the Backlight Priming Filter, the Flowerchild blush and a liquid highlighter. Opal is a gorgeous warm gold that looks beautiful with most eyeshadow looks. As you would expect from Becca, the highlighter is highly pigmented and sparkly. It's not a subtle highlighter by any means but as I love the look, I'll happily wear it both in the daytime and in evenings. It's also very long-lasting. To get hold of the mini sizes, there is a great value set at QVC which I have linked above. 

Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick in Valentine - When I was in London recently, I made it my mission to go to a Charlotte Tilbury store and find this lipstick. As much as everyone is going crazy over the Pillow Talk lipstick, I already own the lip liner and the shade Very Victoria which is rather similar so I opted for Valentine which is a beautiful petal rose nude shade.   



Post a Comment